Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New stuff, family and food

I know its been too long since I've blogged. Life is so busy, but I finally had to make myself sit down and just do it.

Every day seems to bring something new. Spring is upon us and Burke is talking and playing the piano now. No, not really, but he is doing tons of new stuff and seems to get bigger right before our eyes. I swear Stu and I have said a thousand times how fun it is to be with Burke. His sweet and funny disposition is contagious and he makes our lives that much better.

10 new things Burke is doing:
1. throwing laundry, alright, pretty much everything, every day, over the baby gate and down the stairs. He gets a kick out of it and I can't help but laugh.

2. standing on his own all the time and taking 1-2-even 3 steps at a time!! He is taking his sweet time on walking, but that doesn't stop him from getting into everything!! "Burke The Destroyer" is what we call him. :)

3. dropped his 2nd nap of the day and only takes 1 now. It is however consistently 2 to 2 1/2 hours so I get plenty done while he's snoozing. Good boy!

4. still eating as much as a silver-back gorilla. The amount of food this kid consumes is mind boggling. He's not a chubby baby though so we wonder where he's putting it all. What is he, growing or something?! :)

5. loves to go outside every day and jingle the wind chimes. He can't get enough of it. His chubby face lights up and his big teethy grin comes out every time he hears the sound of them. It is so cute!

6. we built our first fort today in the living room and Burke loved it! I tied a few sheets to the back of the couch and a chair I had brought down from the kitchen. He brought all of his toys 1 by 1 into the fort and showed me all of them, with a cheesy grin on his face the whole time. I feel like the luckiest woman in the world because I get to play with him all day. Yes, its freaking exhausting! But SO MUCH FUN!

7. tormenting Simon on a daily basis now. Poor Simon sees him coming and either runs between my feet or under the bed. Pretty much anywhere that's out of Burke's reach. Burke loves to pull on his ears and tail and squeeze his snout. Simon just sits there and takes it like a good boy. Of course! :) The only time he gets annoyed with Burke is when he messes with him when he's eating. I fear this will be going on for a few years more. I tell Simon that he's just a crazy baby and to not pay him any attention.

8. welcoming Dad home from work every day. Every day when Stu pulls in the driveway from work I say 'Daddy's home, Daddy's home!' and Burke will drop whatever he's doing and crawl at the speed of light to the top of the stairs and stand there by the gate reaching for the door until Stu walks in. He LOVES his daddy so much and its cute seeing them together.

9. climbing the stairs. He's been doing this for a few months now, but since I haven't blogged for that amount of time, I'll put it as a 'new' thing he's doing. :) He books up and down the stairs, both sets of them. I recently turned our basement family room/junk room into a play room and he loves to climb down the stairs every day and lay on the rug and play with his toys.

10. babbling more words. Well kind of, when he talks it actually sounds like fluent Chinese, but he's pronouncing things more and you can tell he's understanding what we say now.

Life is good, exhausting and tons of fun and Stu and I have never been so in love! I've been cooking a lot of new things lately. Sonya gave me a subscription to the Cooking Light magazine and it has a plethora of delicious, nutritious meals to choose from. Thanks Sonya! It turned me onto goat cheese and I can't get enough of it. Walmart has it the cheapest by far in case you get a hankerin'. It adds such a rich flavor to pretty much any dish; salad, meats, newspaper, pretty much anything. ;)

We are getting a new sliding glass door in the living room today!!! I can hardly wait to say goodbye to the drafty piece of $#!& that we have in there now. Pardon my French. :)

Alright, I've gone on long enough. Check out the new pictures below. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. Rach, Isn't it the greatest to be a mommy!!! I love your comment, "Yes, its freaking exhausting! But SO MUCH FUN!"
    Burke sounds like he's loving being your little boy just as much :)

    ReplyDelete