Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Baby Shower!

My Mom and Aunt Maureen threw a really fun baby shower for me a week and a half ago. My Aunt had a 'belly' cake made which was adorable and delicious. Thanks Aunt Maureen! My Mom was in charge of activities and we played the 'motherly advice' game...My Mom brought the cutest, chubbiest blue piggy bank and gave everyone pennies and they would give some great advice about motherhood and throw their pennies in the bank for Burke. I was given some amazing advice that had us all in tears at one point and laughter at another. Thanks for such a great game Mom! Some of my favorites were:

Trust your intuition - Mel
Ask for help - Courtney
Follow through with discipline - Arryn
Go easy on yourself - Arryn
Go on adventures with your kids - Aunt Cathy
Learn new things as a mom all the time - Grandma
Learn & watch the stars, meteor showers, and astronomy - Grandma
Read to your kids - Aunt Cathy
Don't become emotional when a child becomes emotional, stay logical - Larisa
Hug Stu more than I used to - Ruthie
Have boundaries - Mom
Keep yourself happy and taken care of and the rest will fall where it should - Marie

I got the most wonderful and useful gifts from everyone and I can't wait for Burke to arrive and enjoy everything. Thank you to everyone for coming and celebrating with me. :)

The only thing that would have made things better is if my sister Marie was there. Marie, your name came up a few times and we all missed you, especially me. I love you.


Courtney, Mel, Ruthie, Me.

Me, opening presents.

Mom, Aunt Joan, Aunt Maureen. I love this picture because everyone was 'taken off guard' and the looks on their faces make me smile.

Larisa, Asher, me, Samantha - a few of my cousins

The 'belly' cake

1 comment: