Friday, November 27, 2009

Making My Own Baby Quilt

So....I have been shopping around for a few months now and found the baby quilt I love and want for baby Burke. I found it at PotteryBarnKids.com, Kasey Striped Nursery Bedding, but they wanted $215 for the quilt, bumper and a pillow. I was just about to purchase them, when I thought...Hey, maybe you could make it from scratch. So I jotted down the different patterns in the quilt material and the next day I went to the fabric store and priced it all out. It ended up costing me $78 total, AND, I got to make it on my own. It took me about 4 or 5 hours total to do, so it really wasn't that bad. I would just sew for a bit each night after work while I watched TV with Stu. I am going to make a quilt for all of our kids now that I see how easy it was. I found the patterns and instructions online to make the quilt and bumper, and I just winged the pillow.

Me sewing Burke's quilt, and loving every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment