Monday, April 26, 2010

Meeting Great Grandma Maxine

Burke, my Mom and I went down to visit my Grandma Maxine a few days ago. Maxine is my Mom's mom. It was the first time that she had met Burke and it was really cool. She told Burke that he was super cute, was very loved and had a perfectly shaped head. :)

My Grandma taught me a lot about the love of gardening and cooking. I always loved the smell of her house, it smelled like fresh vegetable soup and warm bread to me. She has always LOVED Stu and thinks he is very handsome. He is. :) My Grandpa Loran, her husband, was in the Navy too, so I think she's always felt extra connected to Stu because of that. I think she is very beautiful and has a great outlook on life. I love you Grandma!

Here's a cool thought.... since all of a woman's eggs are developed while she is still in her mother's womb, it means that a part of me was in my Grandma at one time and a part of Burke was in my Mom at one time. It took Stu's great genes to make Burke whole, but what a cool connection he, and all of us, have with our grandma. :) Something to think about on Mother's Day.

From left to right: Burke in his Great Grandma Maxine's arms, my Mom and Aunt Lisa.


Beautiful Grandma Maxine, me and Burke.

1 comment:

  1. aawwwww, that is so sweet! Burke looks dashing, as usual.

    ReplyDelete